Saturday, April 28, 2012

Acupuncture. Unfortunately.

As promised, I got acupuncture. I even filmed it so people back home would believe me. 
Let me tell you, I've been a little bit more excited for other forms of torture that trainers come up with. I would even take the metal tools that our Michigan trainer (Wil the Thrill aka best trainer on Earth) decided to take to my bicep last summer. Literally he dug flat metal tools into my muscles, leaving an oh-so-attractive bruise that took up half of my arm. The funny thing about getting these bruises is the looks you get from people in public the following weeks. I always get looks of grave concern from people in supermarkets and restaurants. As if they want to walk up and tell me that everything is going to be okay, and I shouldn't put up with his abuse anymore. Do I look like the kind of girl that could get beaten by someone?!? Thank you, concerned people, but I can definitely hold my own...



So, obviously I was a hot damn mess prior to getting the needles shoved into my muscles. But I decided to just bite the bullet and do it before I chickened out. The trainer said he was going to just loosen my muscles in my shoulder beforehand. I figured I had about 5 minutes or so before I turned into a pincushion. FALSE. By "loosening up my muscles" he meant lightly pushing on the spot just prior to stabbing me. This, obviously was a surprise to me. My relaxed (fake) demeanor was quickly thrown out the window when I heard him ripping the packaging. I jumped a solid 5 inches off the table and immediately started demanding answers. Our trainer, June, doesn't speak a lick of English. He understands "OUCH" and "stop." And that's about it. Luckily, Maki our translator was there to harass him with my questions and yelling. 
Once the needles were actually in my muscles, June then hooked up STM to it. If you don't know what STM is, it's electric currents that are sent through your muscles. Usually, you just hook up a pad that attaches to the surface of your skin. This time, it was like June was jump starting a car, hooking up clamps to two of the prods. Felt a bit non-human for a hot sec. Apparently, this STM works better since the electric current can reach to the middle of my muscle instead of just the surface. I don't care if it "works better," it felt SOOOO weird. Not a fan. 
I added some pictures and made a video of the actual process. Enjoy!
Wiggins was a little curious haha.


Her feelings towards it...hahaha


Probably will be doing a few more acupuncture sessions considering these next 2 weeks are full of all-day practice. Yup, that's 12 out of 14 days of ALL-FRIGGIN-DAY practices. Oh, and I'm starting the workout Insanity. I'll see y'all in 2 weeks when I'll either be stick thin or dead. Til then....

xo Jordan 


No comments:

Post a Comment